This week we are looking at why joining your chapter’s Leadership Team is a great opportunity to be embraced, not an obligation to be avoided.
So why is becoming a member of the Leadership Team such a great opportunity?
- Build your Visibility and Credibility – Being on the Leadership Team increases your time in front of the group and doing a great job in your role adds to your credibility as a business person
- Improve your skills – Learn more about leadership, people management and public speaking
- Learn more about BNI – Members on the leadership team have more access to knowledge about how BNI works
- Feel involved – Being on the Leadership Team gets you closer to the group and what is going on
- Do you think some things could be done differently? – Being on the Leadership team is a chance to make a difference
- And, last but not least, it’s actually fun – Most members enjoy their time on the Leadership Team
So, when and how can you get involved?
- The next Leadership Team changeover over is April 1 so it’s not far away.
- The teams are selected soon so they have the chance to get ready and attend Leadership Team training prior to changeover.
If you’re keen to be involved, talk to your current President or your BNI Director Consultant and they can suggest a role that they think you will do well.
*The new President is selected by the outgoing President in consultant with your chapter BNI Director Consultant.
- How much time does it take? – Less than you think – being part of a well-run leadership team might take 30 minutes a week
- Is there training? – Absolutely, face to face and on BNI U
- Can I be on the team more than once? – Yes, sometimes members stay on in the same or a different role. However, roles should never be filled permanently or long term.
- How long is the leadership term? – Six months