Why Set Goals?
1. Goals set a destination to aim for
2. Clarity on your priorities & direction
3. Clarity on what to do & what NOT to do
4. Connect with your inner ‘Why’ = Your Intrinsic Motivation
5. Accountability and a target to measure
“The major reason for setting goals is to compel you to become the person it takes to achieve them,” – Jim Rohn
How to juice up your goal?
● Make it SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results Driven & have a Time Frame
● State in the positive – what DO you want?
● Your Why – What’s important to you about this goal?
● Identify Risks – what will you miss out on by achieving this goal?
● What resources do you need? External & internal resources
● What do you need to start & stop doing?
Making it REAL
● What’s your reward when you achieve it?
● What’s the penalty you pay if you don’t?
– (make it hurt: no alcohol or coffee for a month, or shave your head etc.)
● Who’s holding you accountable?
– Find your accountability partner
● Make your goal public
● How will you know when you’ve achieved your goal?